After a hard year for most, end 2020 on a high!
1 in 100 babies are born with a heart defect and so we challenge you to raise £100 before the year is out.
Will you dare the chop? Be star baker? Quit a bad habit or fall in love with a new one?
It’s completely up to you how you reach the £100 target, and you have until the end of the year to get there!
Things you could give up…
- Take aways
Get sponsored to…
- Run a marathon
- Brave a new hair style
- Climb a mountain
- Stay silent!
…or something else!
- Bake 100 cakes & sell for £1 each
- Save £1 everyday for 100 days
- Make & sell friendship bracelets
- Ask 100 friends to donate £1 or 50 friends to donate £2 etc
I’m George and I’m 1 in 100!
“I’m George and I have had three open heart surgeries at the Leeds Congenital Heart Unit. My latest surgery was in June 2020, during the coronavirus pandemic.
By taking part in the 1 in 100 challenge, you are helping heart warriors just like me. Thank you.”
Days until 2021...
Challenge yourself to take up a new hobby or finally quit a that habit.
Do it before the year is out and do it for the 1 in 100 babies born with CHD in our region. What will do?
What would you do with £100?
At CHSF £100 could pay for…
- Three nights accommodation at hospital for parents while their child is having surgery
- A Katie Bear, medal and certificate for a heart warrior after open heart surgery
I’m Minnie and I’m 1 in 100!
“I’m Minnie and I had my first open heart surgery at 13 days old to repair coarctation of the aorta. Thanks to the amazing work of the heart unit at Leeds I celebrate my first birthday this month!”
“By taking part in the 1 in 100 challenge, you are helping heart warriors just like me. Thank you.”
How to set up your own CHSF JustGiving page
JustGiving have created a really useful video on how to set up and personalise your fundraising page.
- Follow the link to www.justgiving.com/chsf
- Click ‘Fundraise for us’ at the top of the page
- Log in to your JustGiving account or create one
- Choose what type of event you are taking part in e.g. Personal Challenge
- Add photos and tell a little bit about your story
- Get sharing with friends and family!