Superheroes assemble! Grab your capes and join our 1km Virtual Superhero Walk. Suitable for all the family, to raise money to support hearts for life.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, this year’s Superhero Walk will take place virtually on Sunday 30th August. We want you to join #TeamCHSF and pledge to journey 1K in your local area (fancy dress strongly encouraged!)
How will it work?
Be ready at your chosen start line at 11am on Sunday 30th August
Run, walk, cycle, scooter, walk the dog to complete the 1km distance…or you can go further if you like!
Share your #SuperheroSquad photos at the end with the rest of #TeamCHSF
Take part for free
Unlike other races, there’s no entry fee for our Superhero Walk and there’s no need to set up your own fundraiser either!
We already have a Superhero Walk JustGiving page for you to share with friends and family to gather some sponsorship.
Everyone taking part will share and donate to the same page to make this year’s Superhero Walk just as amazing as previous years and raise funds to support hearts for life!
Get the whole family involved!
Assemble your avengers and get the whole household caped up. Why not keep socially distant and invite grandparents, aunties and uncles to join in? Meet another family and walk together?
You could even have a super celebration waiting for when you finish. Make a superhero playlist, bake, plan some party games!
Whatever you decide, know that you are not alone! Every member of #TeamCHSF will join forces to smash their Superhero Walk at exactly the same time.
Sign up to receive your ‘Make a Superhero Mask’ activity pack and unique race numbers for the day!
Don’t forget Fido!
Some of the most special superheroes have a trusty canine friend and there are plenty of powerful pooches throughout history to make sure your favourite doggy can get involved with the day too!
Do it for the real superheroes…
We received over £6,000 from our amazing heart families taking part in the 2019 Superhero Walk. With so many events either postponed or cancelled due to COVID-19, CHSF have lost a significant portion of income overnight.
It is only with your help, by taking part in events such as this Virtual Superhero Walk, that we can secure enough funds to keep being there for our heart patients and their families. Please sign up today and ensure we can continue supporting hearts for life.
ONLINE REGISTRATION NOW CLOSED
You can no longer register online for the Virtual Superhero Walk but that doesn’t mean you can’t join in on the day.
Snap a selfie at your start and finish line and share it with us on social media to feature in our #TeamCHSF gallery!
All this sound just a bit too energetic? Check out chsf.org.uk/fundraising-at-home for different ways to fundraise at home without breaking a sweat!
Virtual Superhero Walk Terms & Conditions
By registering for Children's Heart Surgery Fund's Virtual Challenges, you have agreed to the following Terms and Conditions:
– We ask that everyone is sponsored in aid of Children’s Heart Surgery Fund. However, we are not asking for a minimum sponsorship, just that you do your very best for such a worthy cause, in these uncertain times.
· Anyone under the age of 16 years must be supervised by an adult whilst undertaking their virtual challenge.
· Participants are welcome to run, jog, walk, skip or dance at a pace that is sensible for them.
· Participants must not be under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs whilst undertaking their challenge.
· By entering any of our Virtual Challenges you do so entirely at your own risk and neither Children’s Heart Surgery Fund, it’s directors/trustees, staff or volunteers shall be held responsible for any injuries or other loss sustained by you before, during or after the challenge. By entering any Virtual Challenges with Children’s Heart Surgery Fund you are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions and confirmed that you are medically fit to participate.
· Entrants acknowledge that this is a virtual run and that the organisers will not track or verify results or provide volunteers, marshals or medical personnel assistance to any entrant.
· Please note that any photography and filming uploaded to the designated Facebook page may be used for current and future publicity purposes.