Superheroes assemble! After the success of last year’s event, CHSF invite you take part in our Virtual Superhero Walk 2021!
Grab your capes and join our 1km Virtual Superhero Walk. Suitable for all the family, to raise money to support hearts for life.
This year’s Superhero Walk will take place virtually on Sunday 22nd August. We want you to join #TeamCHSF and pledge to journey 1km in your local area (fancy dress strongly encouraged!)
How will it work?
Be ready at your chosen start line at 11am on Sunday 22nd August
Run, walk, cycle, scooter, walk the dog to complete the 1km distance…or you can go further if you like!
Share your superhero squad photos at the end with the rest of #TeamCHSF and make it onto this year’s Hero Hall of Fame.
Take part for free
There’s no entry fee for our Superhero Walk and there’s no need to set up your own fundraiser either!
We already have a Superhero Walk JustGiving page for you to share with friends and family to gather some sponsorship.
Everyone taking part will share and donate to the same page to make this year’s Superhero Walk just as amazing as previous years and raise funds to support hearts for life!
Get the whole family involved!
Assemble your avengers and get the whole household caped up. Invite grandparents, aunties and uncles to join in? Meet another family and walk together?
You could even have a super celebration waiting for when you finish. Make a superhero playlist, bake, plan some party games!
Whatever you decide, know that you are not alone! Every member of #TeamCHSF will join forces to smash their Superhero Walk at exactly the same time.
Sign up to receive your Superhero activity pack and unique race numbers for the day, as well as a certificate and medal when you finish!
Don’t forget Fido!
Make your daily dog walk more fun by doing it in fancy dress! Perhaps your puppy has a super bandana or outfit of their own?
Some of the most special superheroes have a trusty canine friend. Maybe your favourite doggy can get involved with the day too?
Do it for the real superheroes…
CHSF Superhero Walk has historically been one of the most popular events in our charity calendar. Before the pandemic, CHSF received £6K from our amazing heart families taking part in the 2019 Superhero Walk.
It is only with your help and sponsorship, and the incredible individuals taking part in events such as this, that we can secure enough funds to keep being there for our heart patients and their families in the future.
ONLINE REGISTRATION NOW CLOSED
You can no longer register online for the Virtual Superhero Walk but that doesn’t mean you can’t join in on the day.
Snap a selfie at your start and finish line and share it with us on social media to feature in our #TeamCHSF gallery!
Virtual Superhero Walk Terms & Conditions
By registering for Children's Heart Surgery Fund's Virtual Challenges, you have agreed to the following Terms and Conditions:
– We ask that everyone is sponsored in aid of Children’s Heart Surgery Fund. However, we are not asking for a minimum sponsorship, just that you do your very best for such a worthy cause, in these uncertain times.
· Anyone under the age of 16 years must be supervised by an adult whilst undertaking their virtual challenge.
· Participants are welcome to run, jog, walk, skip or dance at a pace that is sensible for them.
· Participants must not be under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs whilst undertaking their challenge.
· By entering any of our Virtual Challenges you do so entirely at your own risk and neither Children’s Heart Surgery Fund, it’s directors/trustees, staff or volunteers shall be held responsible for any injuries or other loss sustained by you before, during or after the challenge. By entering any Virtual Challenges with Children’s Heart Surgery Fund you are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions and confirmed that you are medically fit to participate.
· Entrants acknowledge that this is a virtual run and that the organisers will not track or verify results or provide volunteers, marshals or medical personnel assistance to any entrant.
· Please note that any photography and filming uploaded to the designated Facebook page may be used for current and future publicity purposes.